Monday, November 16, 2009

Wish Me Good Luck!

If you have known me for more than a couple days than you know that I have struggled with my weight since....well, since the day I was born (a whopping 9 lbs 11 oz), my poor mother!  I have tried numerous diets since the age of 12 and today at the age of 23 I am still in this battle.  I am at a point in my life where I should be dating and going out and having fun but I find myself more often than not, wondering why I don't get asked out or why I am still single.  I know there are probably many reasons, but let's be honest here, part of it has to do with my weight!  Tomorrow is a new day! With the help of my Dr. and medication for some health issues that have been a part of the weight gain, I will start not a diet but a LIFESTYLE change.  Each week I am going to post my weekly statistics such as how many pounds I have lost, daily caloric intake, and inches lost.  As I see fit I will post new pics showing any radical change.  BUT, I WILL NOT POST MY WEIGHT!  I am a lady and one never asks a lady her weight or her age, since I have already put my age I seem that it makes it fair:) 

This will be my open journal about my journey with my weight, whether it be up or down.  I have promised myself that through the good and the bad I will post each week.  This will be my motivation!  Feel free to leave comments, recipes, tips, etc.  I need all the help I can get!  Sorry if at times a little TMI slips out, I'll keep it clean friends:)

Let's get down to business, FAT PICS:

Don't ask what I am doing...Ok, I am pretending I am a monkey...Fine, not a monkey, a gorilla would be more fitting.









No words necessary!


At my best friend's wedding as her brides maid, such pretty dresses too!

10 comments:

Whittney said...

Try to drink lots of water and get at least 5 servings of fruit and veggies a day!

I'm so proud of you!

Becky said...

I hear ya! I joined the online WW program in Jan. and have lost almost 40 pounds. I lost some steam after May but I'm slowly losing a pound here and there and the best part, I'm not putting it back on.

I really feel like weight watchers has been good for me.. before I was always very limiting in what I would eat and it never lasted long. I can eat almost anything now, just have to figure out the points. And the really bad stuff? It's just not worth it.

I used to be good at blogging about it but here's that if you're interested.. some foods on it that might be helpful. eatingmywaytosuccess.blogspot.com

You can email me anytime too.. becky.young00 @ gmail.com (no spaces). I have a few friends that have helped support me and it's made such a difference!!

You can do it! You WILL do it!! :-D

Utah Funeral Directors Cremation Center said...

Good Luck Danielle! I'm excited to see how things go for you

Amanda J said...

Hey! I recognize a couple of those pictures...

Definitely drink lots of water. I lost 3 lbs when I stopped drinking juice and pop. Make a meal and snack schedule. If you have already planned, bought and know what you're going to eat, it is a lot easier to eat healthy. Also cut your portions in half (that's what I do when I want to lose weight) and use smaller plates when you eat.

Good luck Danielle! I know you can do it!

Teandra said...

Michi's ladder. Heard of p90x? Well they say If you only ate from Tiers 1 & 2, you would have a near-perfect diet! Combined with some excerise and I think it would help.
http://www.beachbody.com/category/michis_ladder.do

Chelsea said...

Way to go Danielle! I have been a slacker, and have missed a couple weeks on mine, but it is because I have not really had anything to post. I need to get re-motivated and get back on the path to health! You go girl, and know that you have support!! :)

Brady & Ashley said...

Wahoo! This sounds intense! I'll be on the edge of my seat each week for the weekly updates! Best of luck! I know you can totally do it! In the words of my Junior High self...You go girl!!!

KYoho said...

you go, girl! I will be reading so hopefully you can motivate me, too! I'm pretty sure now that my girl is 1 I can't use the "I-just-had-a-baby" excuse anymore!

derekandkelsey said...

You are so funny. I think it is soo cool you are doing this. Good luck.

Aimee said...

Good luck, Dani! Eating high fiber foods will help you feel fuller longer (apples, celery, whole grains, plain popcorn). I really am getting that list you asked for...just trying to find a moment when mommy, I mean "mommy!!", isn't being needed.