Monday, February 11, 2008

Trying to get out...Not what I expected!

So as of lately, the past month I would say, has been a little stressful for me. I am at a stage of life right now where I am having to figure out some things that will make a huge impact on life. I am having to decide on whether to go to grad school (out of state) or to stay in Utah and get my Child Life Specialty License (CLSL)-->that will take a year and a half. Besides that, I just got out of a rocky relationship and am having to look at my life and really see what I want out of it. So this weekend, I thought it would be good to go out dancing with my friend Michelle, we are going to Italy together. I even set up a babysitter for Delila (thanks Whitt & Brett!)! I thought this would be a good opportunity to meet new people, hopefully some cute guys, and to have fun and distract me from the last guy. Alas, my expecations were sorely missed, lol! We got all "gussied" up, yes I did just use the word gussy!, and went out on the town, downtown that is. We went to the first club, Bliss, and it was closed due to fire. So then we went to the 2nd, Vortex, club that looked quite busy. We got out in line only to look around and realize we were in a line of 18 year olds. Now I'm not saying i'm old by any means but in my culture I am considered a spinster! I'm going on 22, Michelle...23. So this club was out! Finally, we go to the third club, Area 51, that is known for it's 80's dancing. We find out it is Techno/Hip Hop night, woo hoo! We go up to the 2nd floor, the 1st is a Gothic dance floor (yeah, can you see me there in my stilleto red heels screaming for them to play Britney Spears?!), only to find about a bakers dozen of people who look like they just came from a rave! They have the glow in the dark necklaces and sticks doing the crazy dance moves with their glow in the darkness selves! So we thought, what the heck it's something new! We go up to the stage and start dancing only to look over to find psychedelic gumby guy having his own dance party with himself! I couldn't help but be tempted to go over and start bumping up against him to even see if he would notice, no worries I didn't. Michelle and I looked at eachother and said "well, we tried!" Our singles night ended up with us in sweat pants, eating cookies and ice cream while watching Practical Magic and Nanny Diaries until 4 am!

3 comments:

Teandra said...

Michelle V! I love her. I didn't know that's who you were going to Italy with! Are you roommates? BTW, I love Practical Magic. The music is great too.

chelsey said...

At least you got a little taste of clubbing right? I think your night ended just right though:) Food, movies, and chillin in your pj's:) My kind of night!

THE FAMILY OF OAK said...

You are so funny Danielle. And so CUTE. I love that pic of you:) Sounds like fun. Keep being sporadic and you will eventually find someone worth spending time with.