Thursday, January 31, 2008

Easy Crock Pot Recipes

For Christmas my parents got me a bigger crockpot so that I can cook for more than just myself. So I have been trying to find some easy recipes that I can use but not have too many leftovers and not pay out the wazoo! So I found this recipe and as always I change it a bit to my liking...



Creamy Chicken & Rice

9 Chicken Tenders (3 per person)

1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup

(1 can for 2-3 people)

1 package of Onion Soup Mix

1 1/2 C. Water or White Cooking Wine

1 Tbsp. Olive Oil

1 cup Long Grain Brown Rice

(per every can of soup)

1 Tbsp. Thyme (crushed)

Salt

Pepper

Add to your liking:

Brocolli

Corn

Mushrooms

Green Beans

Peppers


Mix in a bowl: Soup

Soup mix

Water

Seasoning

Pour olive oil into the crockpot then layer rice, wet mixture, chicken, wet mixture, veggies, and repeat. Cook on high for 4-6 hrs. Top with your favorite cheese.

3 comments:

Whittney said...

I love crock pot recipes! Anything to lessen time spent slaving over the stove. Totally have to try this one on Sunday. But I LOVE you blog posts even more! Keep 'em coming.

chelsey said...

Yummy! I'll have to try it! I still haven't used our Crockpot ...sad... thanks for the recipe!

Sara Stevenson said...

Wahoo for blogs! How are you?