Monday, January 28, 2008

Italy is Booked!

A friend and I decided that since we are still single and getting a little burned out by school that we should go on a trip. Italy it is! We just finished booking our hotels and have our tickets...so all that is left is the waiting! I thought it would be fun to show the hotels and where we are going, if anyone has any advice...please, we need all that we can get!
In Rome we are staying in a hostel...yes I know its sketchy but this is actually a nice hostel.



We are staying here for 6 nights, from May 11-May 17th, then riding the train to Florence...


This is called The Bellevue House in Florence. We are staying here May 17th-May 26th, we are close to all the museums and the train station.

So now we just need to figure out where we are going in the cities. We plan on traveling to the surrounding cities on the extra days, by train, and then returning at night.


5 comments:

chelsey said...

Ahh I'm so JEALOUS! You guys are going to have a BLAST!!! I will have to give you a copy of the itinerary my mom and I made! So much to see!!!!

Teandra said...

That's a long vacation, I'm excited for you! I have a book that has everything you need to see. I will tell you more when I have access to it at my house...

Teandra said...

Ok. So according to my book, here are the top ten sites in Rome:
1. Basilica of Santa Maria Maggiore.
2. Borghese Gallery
3. The Coliseum.
4. Etruscan Museum at the Villa Giulia.
5. Piazza Campidoglio and the Capitoline Museums.
6. The Pantheon
7. The Roman and Imperial Forums.
8. Spanish Steps.
9. Trevi Fountain.
10. Vatican City

Other Must-Dos:

1. Bocca Della Verita.
2. Market at Campo Dei Fiori.
3. Ostia Antica.
4. Piazza Navona
5. Via Condotti
and don't forget the
6. Sistine Chapel

I can also suggest places to eat. Let me know if you have any comments or questions. Glad to help!

The Forbes said...

That looks so fun!! I am so jealous, how exciting I love seeing new places. I hope you have a Blast!

Brett Crockett said...

Man. I'm jealous too. When you're in Florence, be sure to hike to the top of the Duomo- the view is amazing. And if you have time, be sure to go to Cinque Terra and walk from village to village it's the second most beautiful place in the world no kidding.