Thursday, March 11, 2010

Blackhawk Down

I have been at my new job for 7 months now and I am loving what I do more and more.  I have a great college to represent and I truly believe in the work they do.  For me, it's not just a job but a career.  I have truly been blessed to have this opportunity to do some that I love, that I can grow with, and that I truly believe in.  As a part of my responsibilities, I advise and counsel students.  I have 11 departments that I cover and over 30 majors and minors, plus a Master's degree.  I have tried really hard to be involved in everything they do and support all the programs.  One of the programs that hasn't had much support from previous advisor's is Military Science (the Army, Air Force, and Navy.) 

I have several family members who are a part of the military and I have great pride in the service they are providing us as Americans.  I have reached out to the Military Science department and worked with them in making sure each officer is given the best information and advice in completing their degree and I have seen a great outcome from it.

As a thank you, they took me up in the air! 


For anyone interested, these are the Army's Blackhawk UH-60 helicopters.  They are used for tactical and utility transport.  Each one can hold up to 11 troops with equipment and 4 crew members.

2 comments:

Jonathan and Kiri said...

Way cool! I can't believe you got to ride in one of those! I'm so happy you're enjoying your job. It's always such a joy to do something you love and especially something you believe in.

You have always been such an incredibly hard worker that I am not surprised at all that you're changing things for the better where you are! Keep up the hard work. It looks like it is DEFINITELY paying off :)

RIndi said...

Holy cow I"m pretty sure that would have scared the CRAP out of me! For someone who used to be a the tops of stunting in cheerleading, I am surprisingly TERRIFIED of heights! Just thinking about it makes my stomache clench! That is seriously nuts!